Fri02Feb2018Sat03Feb201810:00 - 18:00Tokyo
Certified Management 3.0 Two-Day Foundation Workshop
Agile Leadership, Employee Engagement, Change Management Practices
Management 3.0 is a global pioneering approach, currently happening in 80 countries, to help creative organizations survive and thrive in the twenty-first century. It is based on the books by leadership guru Jurgen Appelo who is one of the most influential people in agile.
Attending a Management 3.0 workshop will give people insight in the new role of management in an Agile organisation.
Learn to lead and manage Agile organisations
Agile management is an often overlooked part of Agile. There is a lot of information available for team members, software professionals and project managers on how to be and act Agile, but little information for managers and leaders. However, when organisations adopt Agile, not only team members and project managers need to learn new practices, but managers and leaders must also learn a new approach to managing and leading Agile organisations.
This two-day, hands-on workshop offers best practices, tools and games that project managers, team leaders, middle management and C-level execs can take back and use immediately to start increasing employee engagement and to take action to improve their organizations. The event adhere to the following principles: theory and practice in small chunks; clear and effective visuals; inspiring stories and metaphors; fun games and exercises; focused group discussions; and concrete practices with tangible results.
You will get answers to the the following challenges in your work
- How can we motivate our workers?
- How can we change the organisation’s culture?
- How can we influence the mindset of managers?
- How can we get teams to take responsibility?
- How can we improve teamwork and collaboration?
- How can we get managers to trust their teams?
- How can we make the business more agile?
Attendees will have the following benefits
- Management 3.0 Certification signed by Jurgen Appelo
- The workshop allows you to become an official Management 3.0 facilitator
- 16 PDU credits toward PMI Certification, and 16 credit hours for the PMI-ACP Certification can be applied
- Digital copies of all used materials
- 1 Set of Moving Motivators (7 Cards)
- 1 Set of Delegation Poker (10 Cards)
- The book “Managing for Happiness” by Jurgen Appelo
- 1 Year Membership as Happy Melly Supporter and access to the official Slack community of almost 1000 people from 52 countries dedicated to helping others find job satisfaction
- Catering during the two days (drinks, snacks and 2 lunches)
Who should attend
This course aims at managers, leaders as well as team members who want to learn about how to contribute to become a great Agile organisation. In other words everyone who wants to manage for Happiness.
Professionals who often attend the training are team leaders, managers, Agile coaches, scrum masters, project managers, product owners, senior team members, and top-level management.
Past Attendee Feedback
- Create a learning-friendly atmosphere - Good management of time and pace - Keeps on experimenting openly
（Mr. Chaply, Scrum Master）
- He has good experience and examples of M3.0.
（Mr. Kashima, Company Advisor）
- I think the facilitator tried to share the real examples as much as possible. that was nice.
（Mr. M, Agile Transformation Team）
- very clear, attentive to the audience, very positive mindset, enthusiast, and used sketching to help us memorize
（Mr. M, Agile Coach）
- Great communication skills - Good examples from past experience
（Mr. H, Project Control Officer）
- Very clear explanations!
（Mr. Klijnstra, Manager）
- experience, open for discussion, comparison of culture (Europe vs US vs Japan), creates great learning atmosphere
（Mrs. Schwierz, COO）
- The facilitator had very good explanations and was very structured. He used flipcharts to document the important results.
（Mr. Vogel, Executive Assistant）
- Management and Leadership are one of the two building blocks of Management 3.0. You will learn about the different Management styles, 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0.
- Complexity thinking is the other building block of Management 3.0. You will learn about what complexity theory is and about the eight guidelines to deal with complexity.
- Energizing people is where you make sure team members are engaged, motivated and happy. You will learn about the difference between extrinsic vs. intrinsic motivation, the ten intrinsic desires and common techniques for understanding what is important for your team members
- Team empowerment is the key to self-organisation. You will learn how to distribute authorization in an organisation with the seven levels of delegation and implementing them with the delegation board.
- Only through common Values and Culture can self-organisation work. You will learn how to give people a clear purpose, setting a goal and aligning the constraints by helping your team to discover their values and making them alive instead of just decorations on the wall.
- Development of competences in the team is important in order to deal with todays fast changing world. You will learn about skill levels and techniques to improve and organize their competence development by using the Competence Development Matrix.
- To scale an organisation in an agile way it is important to consider structures that enhance communication. You will learn how to grow an organisational structure as a fractal and to balance specialization versus generalization, when to choose between functional versus cross-functional teams and about treating teams as value units in a value network.
- Improving by success and failure is important because team members, teams and organisations need to improve every day by failing fast and learning fast. You will learn how to celebrate failure and why conducting experiments is important and how to manage such experiments.
Games and Exercises
All topics include at least one game or exercise where the attendees put into practice the ideas of the course. The goal is to make sure attendees can apply the topics they learned at the next day in their organisation.
“It has the right mix of examples, theory, and games. Convincing and authentic.” Sergiu Gavrila, Team Leader at itdesign GmbH, Germany
About the Presenter
Stefan is a Change Agent, the founder of NüWorks, a certified Scrum Master and the only licensed Management 3.0 facilitator in Japan.
He coaches organizations and people to give them the ability to improve their work into innovative, high-performing and fun places. Seeing self organization as the key to successful high-performing teams, he helps companies to adapt Agile Leadership and Innovation practices of Management 3.0 by providing public workshops as well as in-house workshops.
During his career he made extensive experience in working as Project Leader, Regional Manager and Agile Transformation coach with multinational High-Tech enterprises in the fields of Management as well as Agile Software Development in Japan, South Korea and Germany.
He is active in the Agile community as a blog writer, Meetup organizer and conference speaker, for example at the Regional Scrum Gathering and Agile Japan.
Ken is a facilitator for in-house training. His goal is not only the acquire of knowledge, but that the individuals as well as the team as a whole can utilize the content and perform better. He believes that within the company it is important that the training is seen as a place where you can build and deepen the relationship and failure is seen as an opportunity for further learning.
Management 3.0 helps understanding individuals and organizations comprehensively and in combination with the right training it can be an approach to improve the organization.
Projects: In-house training production, set-up of in-house evaluation, recruitment, co-creation of new business, advisory facilitator
Official Management 3.0 website:
Website of Jurgen Appelo, the founder of Management 3.0:
The latest book by Jurgen Appelo
- Tax included
- 15% Group Discount (3 people or more)
- Up to 50% Discount for Low-Income Groups (e.g. students)
- Refund Policy:
- Until 6 weeks before the event = 100%
- Until 4 weeks before the event = 50%
- Until 2 weeks before the event = 25%
Please contact the organizer for discount prices.
For more details of the standard Management 3.0 Two-Day course visit the global Management 3.0 website.
We can also run this workshop in-house at your company.